Longo’s believes in treating you like family. We are
committed to providing the best training and support for our team members to
set them up for success.
Recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Longo’s is dedicated to providing a caring
work environment that fosters opportunity for team members, personal and
professional growth and a sense of belonging.
Our People Vision is all about helping people be the best
they can be. Developed from
our Founders insights, it’s based on the pillars of opportunity, growth,
belonging and rewards. That’s why we invest in
our team members by providing training that will enable them to thrive and grow
within the organization. From department-manager training to store leadership and coaching programs we create a place for you to
thrive. We use a
combination of different training methodologies to ensure every team member is
successful. This includes a combination of online learning, management-led programs, classroom training and self-paced learning.
We grow our own. Longo’s strongly believes that our company’s success is rooted in our
talented and loyal Team Members. We look for people who are authentic and
genuine, those who get pride from a job well done and who continuously seek a
better way. So whether you are new to the country, a new grad or just looking for a new opportunity, we have a place for you.
At Longo’s, we recognize the dedication and effort of our
team members. Our Total Rewards Program is designed to reward these behaviours
and to encourage ongoing success.
We offer our Team Members:
- competitive wages;
- a flexible benefits program;
- bonus program;
- insurance and
- extended healthcare to eligible Team Members.
Team members accumulate a discount on in-store purchases,
including a discount on Starbucks purchases and Longo’s Starbucks kiosks, AND
earn points as a member of Longo’s Thank You Rewards Program.
Our students enjoy flexible hours
that allow them to earn an income while focusing on their main priority – school!
We offer students:
- flexible hours;
- leadership opportunities;
- opportunities to complete community service hours;
- corporate internships; and
- an annual scholarship program
· Most importantly, we offer
students a place where they can grow as individuals, develop their leadership skills and have fun.
Caring about our communities, our people and our environment has been
a part of our day-to-day business since opening our doors in 1956. It is simply
the right thing to do and it is one more reason why you can feel good about
being a part of the Longo family.
Some of our initiatives include:
- Longo's corporate Charitable Giving Program and the Longo's Family Charitable Foundation. These foundations consistently contribute to various charitable organizations across the GTA with emphasis on disease prevention, food aid programs and child and youth services.
- Supporting local hospitals, kids' camps and Breakfast for Learning Programs
- Donating thousands of pounds of fresh, health food items to organizations such as Free the Children and Second Harvest
We not only encourage you to work hard; we encourage you to play hard,
too! Our Team Member 1st program supports local sports teams of our
Team Members and their children through gift card sponsorship.
We encourage our Team Members to give by back participating in Longo’s-sponsored
charitable causes and events such as:
- Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer
- Me-to-We Day
- Inside Ride
- Big Bike for Heart and Stroke
- Filling Neighbour-in-Need bags that contain in-demand food items for families in need. We donate these bags to local community food banks.
Return program has been designed to create an understanding and value of
waste management at Longo’s, in which greater emphasis will be placed on
cost-effective recycling practices as a strategic measure to minimize waste. By
targeting waste diversion rates, we hope to significantly reduce the amount of
landfill waste produced companywide.
Our Support Centre is LEED Certified or a "green" building.
That means you’ll find 100,000 square feet of photovoltaic array solar panels
on our roof. These panels absorb solar energy and convert it to electricity.
Additionally, we use innovative energy-saving measures to reuse the waste heat
from the refrigeration systems for both space and process heating. These
innovations allow for us to be 25-30% more energy-efficient than the industry