Apricot Almond Butter Blondies
Yield 16 bars
1/3 cup Longo’s Butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tbsp Longo’s Pure Liquid Honey or Longo’s Signature Maple Syrup
3/4 cup Longo’s Signature 100% All Natural Smooth Almond Butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup Longo’s Millet or Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp each baking soda and baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup diced Longo’s Dried Apricots
1/2 cup Longo's Slivered Almonds
- •Beat butter, sugar and honey in large bowl until well combined. Beat in egg until smooth, then almond butter and vanilla.
- •Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into butter mixture followed by apricots and almonds.
- •Spread evenly onto parchment-paper-lined 8-inch metal baking pan. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for about 22 minutes until golden brown and a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool on rack for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
- •To level the dough in the baking pan, cover the dough with plastic wrap and press to make an even, smooth layer. Remove plastic wrap before baking.
- •When cutting any baked bars, use a long, very sharp knife, press down firmly rather than sawing and don’t forget to wipe the blade between cuts.
- •Freeze for up to 3 weeks or store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Protein 4g
- Fibre 2g
- Fat 13g
- Sugar 11g
- Carbs 20g
- Sodium 135mg