Avocado Vegetable Salad
1 yellow flesh potato, peeled and finely diced
1 cup Longo’s Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1 small red or golden beet, peeled and finely diced (optional)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp grated lime zest
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp Longo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper (approx.)
2 ripe but firm avocados, diced
4 cups Longo’s Spring Mix Greens
- •Bring small pot of water to boil. Cook potatoes for 4 minutes or until tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes to strainer.
- •Add mixed vegetables to same pot of water and cook for 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and add to strainer.
- •Add beets, if using, to pot and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Separately drain well and set aside. Place all vegetables on large plate, keeping beets separate (to not stain other vegetables) and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Whisk together mayonnaise, lime zest and juice, 1 tbsp of the oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Add chilled vegetables and avocado; stir gently to coat well. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- •Toss greens with remaining oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates. Spoon vegetable and avocado mixture overtop to serve.
- •Instead of dicing avocados, cut them in half and remove the pit. Place on greens and sprinkle with pinch each of salt and pepper. Spoon vegetable mixture over avocado halves and serve.
- Protein 5g
- Fibre 10g
- Fat 23g
- Sugar 5g
- Carbs 29g
- Sodium 450mg