Banana Cake 3 ways
Yield 12 slices
1/2 cup Longo’s Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 cup Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil
2 cups granulated sugar
3 Longo’s Enriched Coop Large Eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups mashed fresh ripe bananas (3 to 4 bananas)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp each Longo’s Ground Cinnamon and salt
1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- •Beat together butter, oil and sugar for 3 minutes or until very light coloured. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in the vanilla. Stir in bananas and scrape down bowl.
- •In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, alternating with sour cream, making 3 additions of flour and 2 of sour cream.
- •Scrape batter into greased 10- or 12-cup Bundt pan. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for about 50 minutes or until golden and top springs back when pressed. Cool in pan on rack for 30 minutes.
- •Unmould from pan and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- •Make as above, adding 1 cup mini chocolate chips with last addition of flour. Spoon into 18 or 24 greased or lined muffin tins. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops spring back when pressed.
- •Make as above. Fold 4 oz of melted and cooled semi-sweet chocolate into 3 cups of the banana cake batter. Dollop half the plain batter into greased mini loaf pans. Dollop with chocolate batter. Top with remaining plain batter. Swirl the batters together to create a marbled pattern. Place a long slice of banana on top of each loaf. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for about 40 minutes or until tops spring back when pressed.
- Protein 2g
- Fibre 1g
- Fat 14g
- Sugar 19g
- Carbs 26g
- Sodium 95mg