Beer-Brined Piri Piri Grilled Shrimp
2 bags (454g each) Longo’s Freshwater Shrimp, thawed and peeled
1 tsp salt
2 cups craft wheat beer, divided
3/4 cup piri piri sauce, divided
2 tbsp Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 hot green chili peppers (such as finger, serrano or jalapeño), seeded and minced
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 tsp chopped fresh Longo’s Thyme
1/4 cup Longo’s Honey
- •Season shrimp with salt and add 1 1/2 cups of the beer. Stir well; cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towel.
- •Place shrimp in a shallow dish in an even layer. Pour remaining beer, 1/2 cup of the piri piri sauce, oil, cilantro, peppers, green onion and thyme over shrimp.
- •Cut orange in half and squeeze out juice over the shrimp. Coarsely chop remaining pulp and rind and add to shrimp. Stir well to coat; cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- •Whisk together honey with remaining 1/4 cup piri piri sauce.
- •Heat grill to high, about 550 to 600°F. Grill shrimp on greased grill for about 6 minutes, turning frequently, basting with honey piri piri sauce mixture until opaque and cooked through.
- Protein 21g
- Fibre 0g
- Fat 5g
- Sugar 12g
- Carbs 16g
- Sodium 640mg