Bistro Prime Rib Pot Pie
Serves 4 to 6
1 tbsp Longo's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 each onion and large carrot, chopped
1 pkg (227g) Longo's Sliced or Sauté Blend Mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp each Longo’s Dried Thyme, salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1/2 cup red wine or beef broth
3 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp each Longo’s Dijon Mustard and Worcestershire sauce
3 cups leftover cubed roasted Prime Rib (about 1 lb)
1/2 cup Longo's Frozen Peas
1 sheet Longo's Puff Pastry, thawed
- •Butter inside and around rim of an 8-inch square baking dish.
- •Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat. Add onions, carrot and mushrooms; sauté for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Stir in garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- •Whisk together broth, wine, corn starch, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir into skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in leftover prime rib and peas. Transfer to baking dish. (Mixture will be thick.)
- •Whisk egg with 1 tbsp water. Unroll pastry; brush egg wash on both sides of pastry. Place over baking dish, allowing edges to hang over the sides. Set dish on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and transfer to oven.
- •Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- •Replace peas with any leftover vegetables you have on hand.
- Protein 24g
- Fibre 2g
- Fat 33g
- Sugar 5g
- Carbs 27g
- Sodium 870mg