Butternut Squash with Bacon “Brûlée”
Prep time:5 min
Total time:40 min
Serves 6 to 8
4 slices bacon
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 pkg (400g each) Longo's Cubed Butternut Squash
1 cup Longo's Chicken Broth
2 tbsp Longo's Salted Butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp each pepper and ground nutmeg
- •Lay bacon on rack on foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle slices evenly with brown sugar, pressing it in to adhere. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes or until caramelized and browned. Cool and chop finely.
- •Combine squash and broth in large skillet over medium heat. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- •Use a slotted spoon to transfer squash to food processor, reserving broth. Purée squash with butter, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg in food processor until smooth; add up to 2 tbsp reserved broth, if needed, for a creamy consistency.
- •Spread squash into a buttered 9-inch casserole or pie dish. Sprinkle evenly with bacon brûlée. (Make-ahead - Dish can be prepared up to this point and reserved for up to 2 days in refrigerator.)
- •Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until warmed through.
- •Bacon can be omitted, and the top simply dotted with an extra 2 tbsp butter before baking, if desired.
Per serving (1/6th recipe): 130 calories
- Protein 3g
- Fibre 0g
- Fat 6g
- Sugar 4g
- Carbs 17g
- Sodium 640mg