Serves 10 to 12
Half of a Longo’s Signature Il Panettone Classico or Signature Il Pandoro Classico
1/4 cup dark rum
1 tub (450 g) Longo’s Ricotta Cheese
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup diced Longo’s Maraschino Cherries, drained
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped pistachios
3 oz bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup 35% whipping cream
- •Slice panettone into 1/2-inch thick slices. Line a 6-cup ramekin or bowl with plastic wrap with overhang.
- •Line bowl with panettone slices to cover bottom and sides, trimming to fit as necessary; brush with some of the rum.
- •Stir together ricotta, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips. Spoon half of the mixture into panettone filled bowl. Top with sliced panettone and brush with rum. Add remaining ricotta mixture and spread to even out, pressing gently. Top with more panettone and brush with any remaining rum. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- •Place chocolate in bowl. Heat cream on stovetop or in microwave until bubbly; pour over chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute; whisk until smooth.
- •Remove plastic wrap from cake and turn cake onto serving platter. Remove any remaining plastic wrap. Slowly pour chocolate mixture over cake, starting in the centre and moving in circles so it falls down the sides of cake. Let stand in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 day. Cut into wedges to serve.
- Protein 19g
- Fibre 2g
- Fat 18g
- Sugar 21g
- Carbs 36g
- Sodium 310mg