Chili Steak Salad
Prep time:5 min
Total time:15 min
2 tsp Longo’s Chili Powder
2 striploin steaks, trimmed (about 1 1/4 lb or 567g)
1/2 cup apricot jam
1 pkg (141g) Longo’s Spring Greens
Longo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
- •Combine 2 tbsp Longo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil with chili power, 1 minced large clove garlic and 1/4 tsp salt. Spread over both sides of steaks.
- •Using fine grater, remove 1/2 tsp lime rind from lime and squeeze out juice to make about 2 tbsp. Place lime rind and juice in small bowl and mix with apricot jam.
- •Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and brown steaks on both sides. Reduce heat to medium-low and spoon apricot jam mixture over top, let cook for about 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove to cutting board and let stand for 3 minutes.
- •Toss salad greens with 2 tbsp Longo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Slice steak thinly and place over top of greens. Spoon pan drippings over steak to serve.
- •Substitute 1 pkg (350g) extra firm tofu for the steaks. Cut into 4 equal slices and continue with recipe as above.
- •For a fresh apricot-lime flavour, reserve a few tablespoons of the sauce and do not add to the pan to cook with steak. Spoon over the salad when serving.
Per serving: 520 calories
- Protein 36g
- Fibre 1g
- Fat 30g
- Sugar 18g
- Carbs 29g
- Sodium 550mg