Filipino-Style Fried Rice with Crispy Maitake
8 oz maitake mushrooms
4 tbsp Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil, divided
1 tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 pkg (450 g) Longo’s Pre-made, Cooked White Sticky Calrose Rice
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
4 Longo's Enriched Coop Large Eggs
1/4 cup Longo’s Signature White Vinegar of Modena
1 clove garlic, grated
1/4 tsp each salt and Longo’s Crushed Chili Peppers
- •Rip mushrooms into long, thin ‘ears’ by hand; toss with 1 tbsp of the oil and soy sauce. Spread on a baking sheet lined with Longo’s parchment paper; roast in preheated 425°F oven, stirring once, for 18 to 20 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- •Warm 2 tbsp of the oil in large wok or nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden and fragrant (do not burn). Use a slotted spoon to remove garlic to bowl; reserve.
- •Add rice to wok and increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until crispy around the edges. Remove from heat; stir in salt, pepper, reserved garlic and half of the green onions. Meanwhile, fry eggs in remaining oil in a separate skillet until cooked to preferred doneness.
- •Whisk vinegar with garlic, salt and chili peppers.
- •Divide fried rice between serving bowls, top with fried eggs and garnish with mushrooms and remaining green onions. Serve with vinegar sauce at the table.
A dash of advice
- Protein 11g
- Fibre 3g
- Fat 21g
- Sugar 4g
- Carbs 40g
- Sodium 610mg