Grilled Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Prep time:10 min
Total time:45 min
Serves 4 to 8
4 sweet potatoes (about 10 to 12 oz each) 1/4 cup Longo’s Basil Pesto Sauce
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese Chopped fresh Longo’s Basil or Chives
- •Slice sweet potatoes at 1/4-inch intervals almost all the way through to create ‘hasselback’ effect.
- •Pre-cook sweet potatoes in microwave in 2 batches for 6 to 8 minutes on high or until tender.
- •Lay each sweet potato on small sheet
- •of heavy-duty foil. Brush with pesto, working it in between the slices as much as possible. Wrap up to enclose.
- •Place on preheated grill over medium heat for 20 minutes, giving potatoes a quarter turn every 5 minutes. Carefully unwrap and sprinkle with Parmesan and basil.
- •Sweet potatoes can be microwaved and assembled ahead; reserve in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours. Add 5 extra minutes to the grill time.
Per serving (1/8th recipe): 180 calories
- Protein 4g
- Fibre 5g
- Fat 5g
- Sugar 10g
- Carbs 32g
- Sodium 115mg