Grilled Lobster Tails with Mango Pepper Sauce
4 limes (approx.)
2 large mangos, peeled, sliced and divided
2 tbsp Longo’s Salted Butter, melted and divided
3 tbsp Longo’s Signature Pineapple Pepper Jelly
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
1/2 tsp salt and pepper, divided
4 lobster tails, about 5 to 6 oz each (thawed if frozen)
1 tub (142 g) Longo’s Organic Mixed Fancy Greens
1 cup halved Longo’s Grape Tomatoes
- •Juice enough limes to measure 1/4 cup. Cut remaining limes in half; set aside.
- •Sauté half the mango in 1 tbsp of the butter in skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add pepper jelly and garlic; stir for 1 minute to coat the mango. Transfer to a blender or food processor; add lime juice, cilantro and 1/4 tsp each of the salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Adjust to a pourable consistency by adding up to 3 tbsp water.
- •Use a heavy knife to cut through underside of lobster tails, cracking but not completely splitting upper shell. Open up like a book. Brush flesh with remaining butter and season lightly with remaining salt and pepper.
- •Place on greased preheated grill over medium heat, cut-side-down. Cook, without turning, for 6 to 7 minutes or until lobster is well marked and no longer opaque. Grill reserved lime halves alongside lobster.
- •Arrange greens, remaining mango and tomatoes on serving plates. Top with lobster and squeeze lime wedges over top. Drizzle with sauce to taste.
- •For those who like more heat, replace the pineapple pepper jelly with Longo’s Signature Hatch Pepper Jelly.
- •Use any extra sauce as a dipping sauce for chicken or pork skewers off the grill.
- Protein 23g
- Fibre 3g
- Fat 7g
- Sugar 24g
- Carbs 30g
- Sodium 690mg