Grilled Mushroom & Green Bean Toss
Serves 4 to 6
1 pkg (227 g) Longo’s Sliced Cremini or White Mushrooms
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 tbsp Longo’s Salted Butter, melted
1 tbsp Longo’s Signature White Balsamic Vinegar
4 sprigs fresh Longo’s Thyme
4 cups trimmed green beans
2 tbsp Longo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1/4 cup Longo’s Original Goat’s Milk Cheese Crumbles
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- •Arrange mushrooms and onion in a grilling basket. Drizzle with butter and balsamic vinegar. Scatter thyme sprigs over top.
- •Place on preheated grill over medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- •Meanwhile, cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Drain well.
- •Remove thyme stems. Toss mushrooms and onions with green beans, oil, salt and pepper.
- •Transfer to shallow serving bowl and scatter goat’s milk cheese over top. Garnish with additional fresh thyme or parsley (if using).
- •Serve the mushroom mixture alone or as a delicious topper for grilled steak or hamburgers.
- Protein 3g
- Fibre 2g
- Fat 10g
- Sugar 4g
- Carbs 9g
- Sodium 170mg