Grilled Steak and Scallops with Herb Butter and Hasselback Potatoes
2 russet (baking) potatoes, scrubbed Salt and pepper
2 beef top sirloin medallions (about 300 g total)
4 wild fresh sea scallops (10/20 count), thawed if frozen
1/2 cup Longo’s Salted Butter, softened
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh Longo’s herbs (such as thyme, oregano, chives)
1 1/2 tsp Longo’s Lemon Juice Pinch pepper
- •Stir together butter, parsley, herbs, lemon juice and pepper; set aside.
- •Place 1 potato on cutting board; place 2 wooden spoons lengthwise beside potato, 1 on either side, with handles against potato. Using a sharp knife, cut through potato down to handles; continue along whole length of potato, making parallel cuts about 1/8 inch apart. Repeat with remaining potato. Smear about half of the Herb Butter over top and between potato layers. Place potatoes on foil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle each with a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake in preheated 425°F oven for about 1 hour or until golden and tender.
- •Scrape remaining Herb Butter onto piece of plastic wrap. Form into a small log and refrigerate.
- •Preheat grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 5 minutes, turning once, or until medium-rare. Remove to platter, return pan to medium-high heat; sprinkle each steak with salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- •Add scallops to pan and cook for 1 minute per side. Sprinkle each with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add to platter with steak. Top steaks with butter and serve with potatoes.
A dash of advice
- Protein 52g
- Fibre 4g
- Fat 43g
- Sugar 2g
- Carbs 38g
- Sodium 870mg