Honey Garlic Pulled Pork Buns
1 bone-in pork shoulder or butt roast (about 3 1/2lb/1.75kg)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil
1 jar (341mL) VH Honey Garlic Sauce
3 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp water
1 bag (397g) coleslaw mix
1/3 cup Longo’s Coleslaw Dressing
12 small buns, toasted
- •Sprinkle pork all over with salt and pepper.
- •Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat and brown pork on all sides; transfer to slow cooker. Pour sauce over top; cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 hours. Transfer pork to cutting board; let stand for 10 minutes.
- •Whisk cornstarch with water until smooth. Whisk into slow cooker and cook on high for about 8 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- •Shred pork with 2 forks, discarding any tough or fatty bits and bone. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and toss with sauce. Set slow cooker to Low and keep warm for serving.
- •Toss coleslaw with dressing. Serve pulled pork on buns topped with coleslaw, if desired. Or, alternatively, serve coleslaw on the side.