Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple
1 pkg (454 g) Longo’s Signature Raw Black Tiger Shrimp (21-25 count), thawed and peeled
1/4 cup Longo’s Signature Caribbean Jerk Cooking and Grilling Sauce, divided
1/2 a fresh cored pineapple, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
Warmed small flour or corn tortillas
Chopped green onions
- •Toss shrimp with 2 tbsp of the jerk sauce. Brush pineapple slices with remaining sauce. Grill pineapple directly on greased preheated grill over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until well marked.
- •Meanwhile, grill shrimp in oiled grilling basket for 4 minutes, turning once, or until pink. Remove shrimp and pineapple from grill; roughly chop pineapple.
- •Serve shrimp and pineapple in warmed tortillas with suggested toppings or garnished to taste.
- •For a cooling tropical topping, finely chop 1/2 slice grilled pineapple and blend into 1 cup sour cream along with 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro and 1 tsp finely grated lime lest.
- •Replace the jerk sauce with Longo’s Signature Flame Roasted Red Pepper Sauce for a less spicy, but equally delicious, option.
- Protein 20g
- Fibre 4g
- Fat 6g
- Sugar 12g
- Carbs 53g
- Sodium 570mg