Local Beef Tenderloin with Chive-Pepper Butter
1/2 cup Longo’s Salted Butter, softened
4 tbsp Longo’s Signature Flame Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, divided
2 tbsp fresh minced Longo’s Chives
1 tsp coarsely ground Longo’s Himalayan Pink Salt
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 tbsp Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil (approx.)
8 Longo's exclusive local AAA beef tenderloin medallions
- •Blend butter with 2 tbsp pepper sauce, chives and 1/4 tsp each of the salt and pepper until well combined. Scrape onto a sheet of plastic wrap; use wrap to form into a log and twist ends securely. Chill for at least 1 hour (or up to 3 days).
- •Set a cast iron skillet over medium for 5 minutes to preheat; brush with some oil.
- •Season medallions with remaining salt and pepper. In 2 batches, sear medallions for 3 minutes per side. Transfer to rack set on a baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining pepper sauce.
- •Roast in preheated 400°F oven for 10 to 13 minutes or until an instant read thermometer registers 140°F for medium rare or 150°F for medium. Remove from oven.
- •Tent medallions with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Slice butter into 8 rounds and place on medallions to serve.
- •Bring tenderloin to room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Protein 36g
- Fibre 0g
- Fat 24g
- Sugar 2g
- Carbs 3g
- Sodium 440mg