Make-Ahead Breakfast Quesadillas
12 large Longo’s Enriched Coop Eggs
1/2 cup Longo’s Signature 2% Milk
2 tbsp Longo’s Salted Butter, divided
6 Longo’s Large Flour Tortillas
2 cups grated Longo’s Signature Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 cups lightly packed Longo’s Baby Kale
1 cup drained Longo’s Roasted Pepper Slices
Longo’s Canola Cooking Spray
- •Whisk together eggs and milk in large bowl.
- •Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add half the egg mixture to the pan, stirring constantly and cooking for about 2 minutes or until just set. Transfer to a clean bowl; set aside. Repeat with remaining butter and eggs. Wipe out skillet.
- •Return skillet to medium heat and spray with Longo’s Canola Cooking Spray. Lay 1 large tortilla flat in the centre of pan. Working quickly, on one half of the tortilla, layer 1/6th of the scrambled eggs, mozzarella, feta, spinach and peppers.
- •Fold the empty half of the tortilla over the egg mixture and press the quesadilla down with the back of a spatula. Cook for about 2 minutes until the bottom begins to brown; flip carefully. Cook for an additional minute or until cheese is melted. Transfer to a cutting board. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- •Let quesadillas cool slightly before cutting each into 3 pieces each.
- •To reheat, place quesadilla in skillet over medium-low heat for about 4 minutes or until warmed through. Alternatively, microwave on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- Protein 32g
- Fibre 3g
- Fat 29g
- Sugar 6g
- Carbs 37g
- Sodium 1360mg