One-Pan Korean Chicken and Mushroom Wraps
1/4 cup sodium-reduced soy sauce
2 tbsp each brown sugar and rice wine or sherry
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/4 tsp Longo’s Crushed Chili Peppers
8 chicken thighs, skin removed 1 small onion, very thinly sliced
2 tbsp Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil
2 pkg (227 g each) Longo’s Sliced Cremini Mushrooms
1 pkg (450 g) Longo’s Pre-made, Cooked White Sticky Calrose Rice
Boston or leaf lettuce (about 1 large head)
- •Whisk together soy sauce with brown sugar, rice wine, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and chili peppers. Set 1/4 cup of the marinade aside.
- •Pour remaining marinade over chicken and onion in large bowl; toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature while mushrooms are roasting (or for up to 1 day in the refrigerator).
- •Coat small non-glass roasting pan with oil and place in preheated 425°F oven for 5 minutes. Scatter mushrooms over hot pan; roast for 20 minutes, shaking pan once.
- •Use tongs to spread chicken and onions over top of mushrooms. Drizzle chicken with reserved marinade. Return to oven and roast, shaking pan occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are golden.
- •Remove bone, chop chicken into bite-sized pieces and combine with roasting pan mixture. Warm rice according to package directions. Serve chicken-mushroom mixture with rice, lettuce leaves and kimchi (if using).
A dash of advice
- Protein 38g
- Fibre 2g
- Fat 19g
- Sugar 12g
- Carbs 50g
- Sodium 930mg