Pastry Sausage Bites
Yield 36 pieces
1 pkg (400 g) Longo’s Puff Pastry Dough, thawed
2 tbsp Longo’s Signature Herbes de Provence Mustard, divided
1 pkg (500 g) fresh Longo’s Signature Pork Sausage (Italian or Honey Garlic), casings removed
1 tsp chopped fresh Longo’s Thyme
- •Unroll 1 sheet of pastry onto floured surface and brush with half the mustard. Cut pastry in half. Place 1 sausage onto edge of each piece of pastry, shaping to length of pastry. Roll up jelly roll style. Place seam side down onto parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
- •Using a serrated knife, score pastry on an angle in about 1 1/2 inch pieces. Sprinkle with half the thyme. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Chill for 15 minutes. (Make-ahead - cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.)
- •Bake in preheated 400°F oven for about 25 minutes or until pastry is golden. Let cool slightly before cutting into bite-sized pieces and serving.
- •Substitute Longo’s Turkey Sausage and cranberry compote for the mustard.
- •Omit mustard and substitute 2 tsp Longo’s Signature Hot Chili Paste.
- Protein 7g
- Fibre 0g
- Fat 8g
- Sugar 1g
- Carbs 9g
- Sodium 240mg