Peachy Keen Pancakes
Serves 6 to 8
2 Ontario fresh peaches, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp Longo's Ground Cinnamon
Pinch Longo's Ground Nutmeg
1 3/4 cups Longo’s Organic All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup Longo’s Organic 2% Milk
2 Longo’s Enriched Coop Large Eggs
3 tbsp Longo's Country Churned Salted Butter, melted and cooled slightly, divided (approx.)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil (approx.)
Additional chopped or sliced fresh peaches
Thick yogourt and Longo's Maple Syrup for serving (optional)
- •In small bowl, toss peaches with brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- •In large bowl, whisk flour with baking powder and salt. In 2-cup glass measure, whisk milk with eggs, 2 tbsp of the butter and vanilla until well combined. Stir wet ingredients into dry, mixing until well combined (a few lumps are okay). Fold in peaches and any juices in bowl until well combined.
- •Preheat large griddle over medium heat. Stir remaining butter with oil; use a heatproof silicone brush to lightly coat griddle.
- •Pour 1/4 cup portions of pancake batter onto griddle; cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles are visibly popping on surface. Flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- •Keep pancakes warm while repeating with remaining butter-oil mixture (as needed) and batter to make about 16 pancakes.
- •Serve pancakes topped with additional peaches, a dollop of yogourt and a drizzle of maple syrup to taste, if using.
A dash of advice
- Protein 6g
- Fibre 3g
- Fat 9g
- Sugar 8g
- Carbs 28g
- Sodium 250mg