Plank-Grilled Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
Prep time:10 min
Total time:1 hr 20 min
Serves 6 to 8
1 cedar grilling plank
1 loaf Longo’s Potato Chive Bread
1/4 cup Longo’s Basil and Pine Nut Pesto Sauce
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
6 slices bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- •Soak planks in cold water for 1 hour.
- •Using a sharp bread knife, cut bread into 1-inch squares, not cutting all the way through the loaf. Just about to the crust.
- •Using your fingers or a butter knife, pry open each cut square of bread to slightly separate. Spoon pesto liberally into the cracks and gently spread it to cover as much of the bread’s cut surfaces as possible.
- •Combine cheese and bacon together. Push the cheese mixture into all the cuts, making sure to get into the cracks. Top with any remaining cheese mixture.
- •Remove plank from water and pat dry with paper towel. Place bread on plank.
- •Heat grill to medium, about 350°F. Place plank on grill and bake for about 10 minutes or until bread is hot and cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from grill and let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Per serving (1/8th recipe): 320 calories
- Protein 12g
- Fibre 2g
- Fat 17g
- Sugar 1g
- Carbs 28g
- Sodium 670mg