Plank-Grilled Hickory BBQ Plant-Based Meatballs
Serves 6 to 8
2 cedar grilling planks
2 pkgs (340g each) plant-based ground protein
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
1/2 cup crushed Longo’s Barbecue Potato Chips or Panko Breadcrumbs
1 1/4 cups Longo’s Hickory Smoke Barbecue Sauce, divided
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper Pinch Longo’s Cayenne
1/4 cup Longo’s Honey
- •Soak planks in cold water for 1 hour.
- •In large bowl, combine ground protein, garlic, onion, parsley, chips and 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce. Add salt, pepper and cayenne; gently mix with your hands and divide into 20 equal-size portions and roll into meatballs.
- •Remove planks from water and place meatballs on planks and refrigerate for 1 hour for flavours to blend.
- •Stir together remaining 1 cup barbecue sauce and honey in bowl; set aside.
- •Heat grill to medium, about 350°F. Place planks of meatballs onto grill and close lid. Grill for about 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with sauce, until thermometer reaches internal temperature of 160°F. Serve immediately.
- Protein 17g
- Fibre 5g
- Fat 12g
- Sugar 25g
- Carbs 37g
- Sodium 860mg