Salt-Crusted Roasted Mini Potatoes
Longo’s Canola Oil Cooking Spray
3 lb mini new potatoes (red, white, yellow or blue), scrubbed
1 box (1.36 kg) kosher salt
1/2 pkg (20 g) fresh Longo’s Organic Rosemary, coarsely chopped
8 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 1/4 cups cold water (approx.)
2 tbsp Longo’s Unsalted Butter
2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
(such as parsley and Longo's Rosemary)
1/4 tsp pepper
- •Spray large cast iron pan or roasting pan with cooking spray; add potatoes to pan; set aside.
- •Pour salt into large bowl, stir in rosemary and garlic. Stir in water, 1/4 cup at a time, until mixture gets sticky like wet cement. Pour salt mixture over top of potatoes, making sure to cover potatoes completely.
- •Roast in preheated 425°F oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let stand for
- •15 minutes. With a mallet or hammer gently crack salt crust and remove hard salt.
- •Remove potatoes, brush off excess salt and toss with butter, herbs and pepper to serve.
A dash of advice
- Protein 4g
- Fibre 3g
- Fat 3g
- Sugar 2g
- Carbs 32g
- Sodium 440mg