Sesame-Roasted Cod Cakes with Tahini Sauce
Yield 12 cakes
1 lb cod or haddock fillets
2 tbsp sesame oil
3/4 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp pepper, divided
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 lb potatoes (about 4 small), peeled and cubed
1 large Longo’s Enriched Coop Egg
1 tbsp each minced Longo’s Fresh Parsley and Chives
1 tsp Longo’s Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
2/3 cup Longo’s Panko Breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil, divided
3 tbsp tahini
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, rasped
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold water (approx.)
- •Whisk together tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt with enough water to make a creamy sauce. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- •Arrange fillets in shallow roasting pan. Brush with sesame oil; season with 1/4 tsp each of the salt and pepper. Sprinkle sesame seeds overtop. Roast in preheated 425°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes with tip of knife. Flake cod, leaving some chunky bits (there should be about 3 cups).
- •Meanwhile, cook potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash until smooth; set aside (you should have at least 2 cups).
- •Whisk together 1 tbsp of the Tahini Sauce, egg, parsley, chives, mustard, lemon zest and remaining salt and pepper; pour over potatoes. Stir to combine. Add flaked cod and gently stir to create a mixture that holds together yet has some little chunks. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until cold. Divide into 12 portions about 1/3 cup each and shape into puck-shaped cakes, about 2 1/2 inches across.
- •Spread breadcrumbs on rimmed plate; coat both sides of fish cakes.
- •Heat half of the oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Fry fish cakes, in batches if necessary and with remaining oil, turning once, for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve with remaining Tahini Sauce.
- •Once fish cakes are coated with breadcrumbs, cover and refrigerate cakes on waxed-paper-lined tray for up to 1 day.
- Protein 17g
- Fibre 2g
- Fat 20g
- Sugar 1g
- Carbs 19g
- Sodium 490mg