Spicy Eggplant and Tomato Salad
Serves 6 to 8
1 1/2 tsp Longo’s Curry Powder
1 1/2 tsp Longo’s Ground Cumin
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp chaat masala
3 medium Asian eggplants (1 1/4lb total), cut into 3/4-inch wedges
3 tbsp Longo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1/2 cup coconut yogurt
Pinch saffron threads
12 Longo’s Grape Tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp Longo’s Pine Nuts
2 tbsp pomegranate arils
10 fresh leaves Longo’s Basil, coarsely chopped
- •Stir together curry powder, cumin, cornstarch and chaat masala.
- •Toss eggplants with spice mix and drizzle with oil, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat evenly. Place eggplant wedges in single layer on parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Roast in preheated 425°F oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold.
- •Whisk together yogurt and saffron; set aside.
- •Place cooled eggplant wedges onto serving platter and sprinkle with tomatoes. Drizzle with yogourt mixture and sprinkle with pine nuts, pomegranate and basil.
- •If chaat masala is not available, substitute 1/2 tsp each ground coriander and garam masala and 1/4 tsp each ground cumin and cayenne.
- Protein 3g
- Fibre 5g
- Fat 12g
- Sugar 4g
- Carbs 12g
- Sodium 280mg