Spinach Florentine Baked Egg Tartlets
Prep time:20 min
Total time:45 min
1 tbsp Longo’s Salted Butter
1 tub (142 g) Longo’s Baby Spinach
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, grated
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 pkg (454 g) Longo’s Puff Pastry, thawed
8 Longo’s Large Eggs
- •Melt butter in skillet set over medium heat. Add spinach; cover and cook for 1 minute. Uncover and cook for 2 to 3 additional minutes or until wilted. Transfer to bowl and cool slightly.
- •Add mayonnaise, Parmesan, garlic and nutmeg; mix well. (Make-ahead - Reserve for 1 day.)
- •Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 rectangles and place on parchment- paper-lined baking sheet(s). Grease the bottoms of 8 heat-proof ramekins and centre on each piece of puff pastry. Bake in preheated 400°F oven on bottom 2 racks, rotating trays if needed halfway through, for 12 minutes or until pastry begins to puff around the edges of the ramekins.
- •Working quickly, using oven mitts, remove ramekins. Spoon some of the spinach mixture around the edges of the hollow left by the bowl, making a nest for the eggs. Crack an egg into each spinach “nest.”
- •Bake (rotating sheets as needed halfway through) for an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are cooked to preferred doneness.
A dash of advice
Crack each egg into a bowl before sliding it onto the centre of the tart.
Per serving: 400 calories
- Protein 13g
- Fibre 1g
- Fat 27g
- Sugar 3g
- Carbs 26g
- Sodium 480mg