Stuffed Panettone French Toast with Honeyed Mascarpone
6 Longo’s Coop Eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/2 cups Longo’s Organic Whole Milk
1 tsp each Longo’s Ground Cinnamon and Vanilla
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 Longo’s Panettone
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread or apricot jam
1/4 cup Longo’s salted butter, divided
Longo’s Maple Syrup (optional)
Longo’s filberts, toasted and chopped (optional)
1 tub (450 g) Longo’s Mascarpone
3 tbsp Longo’s Honey
- •Honeyed Mascarpone -Beat together mascarpone and honey in a bowl until smooth and fluffy, set aside.
- •Using a rasp or zester, remove zest from oranges and place in a large bowl. Cut oranges in half and squeeze to get 1/2 cup of juice, add to bowl. Whisk in eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg until combined.
- •Slice panettone in half, lengthwise, then slice into 1 1/4 inch thick half-moon shape slices to get about 8 slices. Make a horizontal slit in the flat, inside of each slice, but not cutting all the way through to create a pocket. Fill and spread inside pocket with chocolate hazelnut spread, repeat with remaining slices.
- •Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, dip each slice into egg mixture, coating well on both sides. Place in skillet and repeat with another slice but do not overcrowd pan. Cook, flipping once for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place baking sheet in preheated 300 F oven to keep warm.
- •Heat another 1 tbsp of the butter and repeat with remaining panettone slices and butter, keep warm in oven.
- •Serve French toast topped with mascarpone and drizzle with maple syrup if desired. Sprinkle with filberts, if using.
- Protein 19g
- Fibre 4g
- Fat 53g
- Sugar 43g
- Carbs 84g
- Sodium 430mg