Stuffed Peppers With Gouda
1 jar (700mL) Longo’s Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce, divided
1 tbsp Longo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 lb lean ground beef
2 tsp Longo’s Dried Oregano Leaves
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1 cup cooked Longo’s Quinoa
1/4 cup Longo’s Pine Nuts
3 tbsp chopped fresh Longo’s Basil
4 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow or green)
1 cup grated Black Diamond Gouda Cheese
- •Spread half the jar of tomato sauce in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; set aside.
- •Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat. Cook beef, oregano, salt and pepper, breaking up meat, until browned. Add remaining tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Stir in quinoa and pine nuts; remove from heat. Stir in basil.
- •Halve peppers and clean out seeds and core. Fill each pepper with beef mixture and top with cheese. Place peppers in baking dish and cover with foil.
- •Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- •Serve peppers with sauce.
- Protein 37g
- Fibre 3g
- Fat 31g
- Sugar 11g
- Carbs 28g
- Sodium 840mg