Surf and Turf with Sake-Ginger Sabayon
Serves 6 to 8
3 lb beef tenderloin roast
1 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil
2 pkgs (500g each) fully cooked King Crab Legs and Claws, thawed and split lengthwise
2 cups dry sake
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
4 Longo’s Enriched Coop Egg Yolks
1 tsp granulated sugar
1/4 cup Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil
1/4 tsp salt
- •Place egg yolks and sugar in stainless steel bowl. In thin stream, gradually whisk in hot mixture. Place bowl over pot of simmering (not boiling) water. Cook for about 3 minutes, whisking often, or until mixture is very thick. Remove from heat.
- •In a thin stream, gradually whisk oil into egg yolk mixture. Add salt and pepper, set aside. (Make-ahead - Sabayon can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 6 hours. Bring to room temperature before continuing.)
- •Rub tenderloin with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large cast iron or ovenproof skillet set over medium-high heat. Sear tenderloin on all sides. Transfer to preheated 500°F oven. Cook for 10 minutes.
- •Turn tenderloin over. Cook for about 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140°F for medium-rare or desired doneness. Remove to cutting board. Tent with foil.
- •Place crab legs on rimmed baking sheet and spread about 1 tbsp of sabayon over each. Broil about 5 inches from heat for about 3 minutes or until sabayon is golden and crab meat is warmed through.
- •Slice tenderloin. Serve with extra sabayon and crab legs.
- Protein 51g
- Fibre 0g
- Fat 24g
- Sugar 1g
- Carbs 5g
- Sodium 930mg