Sweet Roasted Tomato and Gouda Penne
Serves 4 to 6
8 plum/roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
2 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
4 shallots, thinly sliced
1/2 cup diced pancetta or bacon
2 tbsp Longo’s Signature White Vinegar of Modena
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 pkg (500 g) Longo’s Signature Organic Artisan Penne Rigate Pasta
1/2 cup 35% whipping cream
1 pkg (142 g) Longo’s Organics Baby Arugula
2 cups shredded Black Diamond Gouda Cheese, divided
- •Arrange tomatoes, cut side up, in roasting pan and insert garlic slivers into them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- •Toss shallots with pancetta, vinegar and sugar; scatter over tomatoes. Roast in preheated 400°F oven for about 35 minutes or until golden brown and softened.
- •Boil pasta in large pot of salted water for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water and then drain pasta. Return pasta to pot.
- •Remove tomatoes from oven and carefully mash them coarsely with potato masher. Add cream and reserved pasta water to roasting pan, stirring up brown bits. Toss in cooked pasta, arugula and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese until coated and saucy.
- •Sprinkle remaining cheese overtop to serve.
- •Substitute baby kale or spinach for arugula.
- Protein 20g
- Fibre 4g
- Fat 19g
- Sugar 5g
- Carbs 75g
- Sodium 610mg