Tofu Kabobs with Herb Sauce
1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 cup lightly packed fresh Longo’s Basil
1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
1 large clove garlic, minced
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp Longo’s Organic Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Lemon
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg (350 g) extra firm tofu
1 red bell pepper
6 Longo’s Cremini Mushrooms or brown button, halved
- •Combine cilantro and basil leaves, jalapeño, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, oil and salt in a small blender and purée until smooth.
- •Cut tofu into 24 cubes and place in a resealable bag. Pour in 5 tbsp of the herb sauce and move around to coat. Reserve remaining sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- •Cut zucchini and pepper into similar- sized chunks. Thread marinated tofu, zucchini, bell pepper and mushrooms alternately onto soaked skewers.
- •Place skewers onto greased grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining marinade, for about 8 minutes or until golden.
- •Serve reserved sauce alongside skewers.
- Protein 11g
- Fibre 1g
- Fat 12g
- Sugar 2g
- Carbs 5g
- Sodium 620mg